Mar 16, 2004

...I would be a millionaire

We're going tonight to see "THE" apartment again just to be sure this is really where we want to live our lives for a while. It's kind of like a love relationship: it's a lot of work initially, and you may have to give more than you expect, and you're afraid to commit because something better might come along, but you are also scared that you might just lose a good thing forever if you try to keep holding out. The outcome of our decision could last anywhere from 1 to 5 years, a small amount of time in the grand scheme of things, but the pressure to make the best decision is weighing heavily on our hearts and our checkbook. I wish these decisions were easier, and rental deposits were smaller.

I wrote two more cover letters today for job transfers and once again have that naive little girl optimism that things will go through this time. A new job with a new salary would help to make our engagement to the new apartment that much easier to go through.

Just when I thought it was springtime it snowed again. It's only March, I don't know why I thought it would be warming up so soon. I flexed my US citizenship today and voted, and have decided that the electoral system could use some major redesigning. The whole paper ballot system is outdated and confusing, no wonder the old folks in Florida had so much trouble last presidential election. I, being young and intuitive, was able to vote in under 10 minutes, whereas my coworker spent an entire hour trying to figure out how to push the stylus through the holes. I kid you not.

If I had a nickel for every complaint I make...

No comments: