Nov 1, 2004

I'm still hungover from the excitement and busy busy fun of the weekend, therefore I list:

1. (Friday) Skipping dinner + drinking = sleeping like a baby. Excellent.

2. (Saturday) Hubb and I visited Lynfred Winery in Roselle, Illinois for a tour and tasting of some local wine. It was incredibly educational, extremely enjoyable and highly intoxicating. I secretly hope to become a wine snob.

3. (Saturday, part 2) Hubb approved the purchase of a pair of fun birthday shoes. Pointy moccasins. I can't wait to post a photo.

4. (Saturday, part 3) After being turned away from my intended birthday restaurant by a 2 hour wait, Hubb and I enjoyed a fabulous dinner at the Adobo Grill. Tableside guacamole is the only way to go.

5. (Sunday) The recommendation from GB, a gorgeous sunny halloween day and lack of afternoon plans brought us to the Graceland Cemetery for an incredible walking tour. Graceland is the who's who of Chicago graveyards, housing for eternity such names as Wacker, Pullman, Marshall Field, Mies van Der Rohe, Burnham and Root, and Louis Sullivan, to name a few. I even remembered the camera:

6. (Sunday, part 2) Dessert with friends at the Four Seasons Hotel. Deliciously snooty and incredibly fattening. Key lime cheesecake = best birthday cake EVER! A perfectly sweet ending to a super great and wonderful weekend.


No comments: