Nov 2, 2005

I am officially lazy. I tried to go to bed at 9 last night. I haven't uploaded any photos to flickr since July. I haven't cooked more than 1 or 2 decent meals in the last month. I've stopped reading, making jewelry, and even watching my beloved cooking shows. What HAVE I been doing? I have no idea. Working, I guess. And eating out. This needs to stop.

I got the BEST fortune last night with our thai food: "Stop searching forever. Happiness is just next to you." I tured to my left and smiled at the hubb. Yes indeed.

I found the BEST shoe site: solestruck.com. Cute cute cute. Though I'm once again on a shoe diet. On my birthday I bought a wonderful pair of exposed seam orange loafers. I'm really into orange everything right now. I want pumpkin colored sheets for my bed, orange serving dishes for Thanksgiving, orange pillows for the couch. Orange.

I'm preparing the menu for my first Thanksgiving in my own home. I think I'm serving only 6, which is a nice size for a practice Thanksgiving dinner. Here's what I have so far:
  • pumpkin and butternut squash soup
  • roasted turkey and homemade gravy
  • ginger cranberry orange sauce
  • apple sage stuffing
  • roasted sweet potatoes with candied ginger
  • garlic sage mashed potatoes
  • sauteed kale with caramelized onions
  • arugula, parmesan and cranberry salad with balsamic dressing
  • ginger carrots
  • a gingerale apple cider punch

For dessert I'm thinking either apple pie or pumpkin creme brulee. I'm leaning towards the creme brulee. Start and end the meal with pumpkin. Perfect.

Hubb treated me fabulously on my birthday this year, with a watch I desperately wanted, a tee shirt I didn't know I wanted, and a wallet I knew I needed but didn't know I'd love so much. Hubb is a wonderful gift giver, as is his little brother who sent me a delicious smoked salmon from Seattle. Best. Birthday. Ever.

No comments: