Dec 17, 2003

I shed a tear or two, and am now ready to admit defeat. I didn't get the job, but was assured that I was an impressive candidate who's resume will be passed on should another position arise sometime in the near future. I'm not going to scream or pout. I am just worried about my employability. I don't like to settle for things. I don't want to end up 50 and working the same low paying, low responsibility job.

Maybe 2004 will bring something better my way.

I made the official transition to my clean blank little black 2004 datebook. I feel a little empty, like these blank pages are just waiting to be filled. (There's that damned uncertainty again.) I feel like this step should be symbolic of bigger and better things. New Year and all that. Fresh start, new lease on life, new opportunities, fresh experiences. Only time will tell.

Tip of the day: Don't count your chickens before they're hatched, even if there's only one.

No comments: