Dec 19, 2003

It's the holidays and the end of 2003. As we end probably the most important year of my life I have to sit back and think about all of the things I've learned. I am happy to share my wisdom with the masses:

My 20 most important discoveries of 2003:

1. Pumpkin cookies are not good.
2. Chicago is damned cold.
3. It's easy to lose weight when you have food poisoning as a starting point.
4. Weddings are only one day. Marriages are forever.
5. A marriage is hard work.
6. Marriage is wonderful.
7. Cats will do whatever the hell they want to when you're away.
8. A pain in the abdomen does not always mean appendicitis.
9. Having your toenail ripped off hurts like hell.
10. I have a lot to be thankful for.
11. You never know what you have until you almost lose it.
12. Good friends and family are valuable assets.
13. It's ok to change.
14. Money is the devil.
15. Never ever let a new hair stylist give you a drastically different haircut.
16. I am capable of more than I think.
17. Jeans for short people really do exist!
18. It's healthier to be happy and poor than rich and miserable.
19. Life is expensive.
20. Mojitos.

No comments: