Feb 3, 2004

For some reason I feel a pressing need to get this out of the way.

Who I am, in 100 statements or less.

1. I am five feet, one inch tall and I absolutely hate shorty jokes.
2. I weigh an average of 123.5 pounds, and am working on getting down to a healthy doctor recommended 115. Sort of.
3. I am self conscious about my lovehandles and my boobs. I would have a reduction if it wasn't so painful.
4. I have a lot of work done to my teeth, even though it is painful.
5. My favorite food is sushi. Unagi, saba, and smoked salmon in particular.
6. I don't like electronic music, much to the dismay of my husband.
7. I have been married for almost 10 months to the best man in the world.
8. My two cats, Eva and Stella, are my babies.
9. I love to cook. I like to think I'm pretty good at it. Everything except asian food, that is.
10. I can't bake. I make a good apple pie, but that's about it.
11. My favorite dessert is creme brulee.
12. Reading is my main hobby. I always have at least 4 books in process at a time.
13. I was a ceramics major in college. I haven't been in the studio for more than 6 months.
14. I would like to have a home studio some day.
15. When I was 12 I broke my pinkie toe on my left foot. It now bends weird.
16. I have two tattoos, a star on my right foot and a swallow on my lower left back.
17. I'd like to get my husbands initials in a banner in the beak of the swallow.
18. One of my other hobbies is shopping. It's an addiction and I often spend too much money.
19. I own a lot of makeup.
20. I have issues with my hair. I wish it were straight but it is frizzy and wavy. And currently an unnatural few different shades of brown.
21. I work in a library. My office door actually says "Librarian." (I don't have an MLS)
22. I am a product junkie.
23. I own a 1930's men's armoire, a piece of furniture called a compactum.
24. I am drawn to art deco and art nouveau furniture, jewelry, and art.
25. My engagement ring is an art deco piece from the 1930's.
26. I don't like flashy jewelry unless it is antique.
27. My favorite movies are Amelie, Waking Life, Monty Python's Holy Grail, and True Romance.
28. My parents are divorced, all of my grandparents were divorced, and I don't believe in divorce.
29. My dog, Chester, has addison's disease. He lives with my dad and step mom.
30. I have a younger brother who is 18. Even though he has been in some trouble I am still very proud of him.
31. I worry about my mother sometimes.
32. I have a phobia about walking on open grates in the sidewalk.
33. I can't stand people who drive like assholes.
34. I have a problem relaxing sometimes.
35. I ripped my left big toenail off in September, on my husband's first day of work at his new job.
36. My toenail is now grown back. It hurt like crap.
37. I once went to the hospital thinking I had appendicitis. I really had a pulled muscle.
38. I am a hypocondriac sometimes.
39. I grew up in Virginia just south of Washington D.C..
40. I am never moving back to Virginia.
41. I have a bad habit of being very easily annoyed.
42. My very best friend lives in Hawaii. We've been friends for almost 19 years.
43. I am a very picky person.
44. I can't wait to be a mother someday.
45. One of my favorite memories is of catching crayfish in the creek that ran through my backyard as a kid.
46. I miss being a kid.
47. I also miss all of my friends who don't live in Chicago.
48. Oh, I live in Chicago. Well, actually Evanston, but I'm less than a block from the Chicago border.
49. I will become an official Chicago resident in April.
50. Cinnamon ice cream is one of my favorites.
51. I wear glasses, though I can see fine without them. My prescription is very minor.
52. I used to have a lot of trouble trusting people.
53. Sometimes I overestimate or underestimate my friendships.
54. I am highly organized and very detail oriented.
55. I like to file things.
56. I can't stand unorganized spaces.
57. I once had a hampster names Sammy who died on the fourth of July.
58. I enjoy fresh basil, and want to have a huge garden of it someday.
59. My car is a 2001 VW Golf. It is silver. It has four doors. It is the newest car I've ever owned.
60. My husband and I share said car.
61. My husband's nose is crooked. Wait, that's not about me.....
62. I have a small collection of porcelain salt and pepper shakers, some of them vintage.
63. I like lists and surveys.
64. My nickname growing up was "Emyduck" because my first word was "quack."
65. I have a retirement fund.
66. My first boyfriend was in the 7th grade.
67. My first kiss was also in the 7th grade. I bit his tongue.
68. I lost my virginity to a boy who cheated on me the very next day. He never graduated high school and he now has at least two kids.
69. I am a huge hypocrite sometimes.
70. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is one of my favorite books.
71. I constantly dream about winning the lottery.
72. I have no musical talent whatsoever.
73. My favorite conversation hearts are the white ones.
74. I hate Dave Matthews.
75. I really like to eat red meat. Rare.
76. I am a huge romantic.
77. My birthday is the day before Halloween, which makes me a Scorpio.
78. I used to get strep throat and lose my voice every year when I was a teenager.
79. I am obsessed with the Food Network.
80. My eyes are hazel-green. They are my favorite feature.
81. My first concert was Nine Inch Nails and Marilyn Manson when I was in 9th grade.
82. I smoked between the ages of 13-15.
83. I am very lazy and have trouble getting up on weekdays.
84. I'd rather not have to go to work every day. At least not have to go to a job I don't like.
85. It took me five years to get a four year college degree.
86. I took one semester off to work full time at a hair salon. That was my favorite job ever.
87. My favorite sandwich is peanut butter, marshmallow fluff and bananas.
88. I don't eat much fast food.
89. I wish I had not gone to community college before transferring to a real university.
90. I am very indecisive.
91. My sense of humor sometimes involves making fun of people. I feel guilty about that.
92. I wish I made friends more easily.
93. I treasure the friends I do have and I am very loyal.
94. My biggest fear is to be left alone.
95. I am afraid of death, for myself and for others.
96. I have trouble admitting I was wrong.
97. My biggest flaw is that I am a control freak. I just can't help it and I think it scares people sometimes.
98. I have a scar on my left butt cheek from when I fell onto the open dishwasher on a knife when I was 11 or 12.
99. I like to watch old movies.
100. I sort of feel like this was a waste of time.

No comments: