Jun 28, 2004

Cheering up a sleepy girl up on a dreary rain-soaked Monday morning:

1. Honey Nut Shredded Wheat with fresh blueberries.
2. Getting ready for work in 45 minutes flat.
3. Still getting to work on time despite getting up late and working hard to avoid people who don't know how to drive in the rain.
4. Seeing a baby opossum running along the side of the road.*
5. Calmly handling two near-disasters in a row at work. I still care, people.
6. Seeing the sun come out and the sky start to clear up before lunch.
7. Recalculating my new salary, new commute, and number of hours left at my current place of employment. (T-minus 65.6 hours and counting)

* I don't know why this should make me smile, but it did. He (she?) was so tiny, and waddled with a furor to get to the bushes at the far end of the parking lot. I have always found opossums fascinating creatures, so ugly, yet so cute. And baby things never fail to put a smile on my face, even in the puffy eyed, unamused, heavy lidded state I was in at 8am.

No comments: