Jul 30, 2004

I'm completely drained today. After two weeks of working my ass off, working overtime, learning new things every minute, I am ready for a nice long nap. But that's what weekends are for. Despite being utterly exhausted, I'm going to down an alcoholic coffee beverage (caffeine plus alcohol equals party-ready emily) and head to the GB get together tonight. Maybe I'll bring the elph and be inspired to document something at some point.

My new shoes (fourth pair in three weeks...somebody put a stop on my credit card, please!) started giving me blisters even before I made it to the bus stop this morning. Goddam fashion. Why do you do this to me? I'm going to have two bloody blistered stumps before too much longer. But at least my shoes are damned cute. And I'm still wearing them out tonight. (Screw you, feet! Who needs you anyway?!)

A few of my favorite things this week:

- Basil. I've caught myself eating a leaf as I pass by my basil plant growing in my living room window a couple of times. If my husband wore basil cologne I'd never let him out of my sight. I love it that much.

- Risotto. I'm obsessed with making it. Lemon, tomato, sun-dried tomato, mushroom, basil, parmesan...it's so versatile, what's not to love?! Mmmmm...as a matter of fact I think I'll make some tonight. I once saw Jaime Oliver make chocolate risotto once. It's on my culinary to-do list.
- My Millennium Park photos. I'm feeling kind of cocky for feeling so proud, but my boss saw them and wants me to print some for the office! I'm such a star.

- Diet Coke with Lime. Keeping me awake from 8:30 to 5:30 every week day.

- Treasure Island. Fun lunch-time adventures. I like to look at food. I'm odd that way.

- Band-Aid Advanced Healing Blister Cushions.

No comments: