Oct 26, 2004

I'm a couple of days behind, and I just realized that Saturday was my one year anniversary of this blog. Happy anniversary, blog! One whole year, wow. It seems like such a long time, one year. So much has changed in the past twelve months, it's mind bending. My job, my attitude, my wardrobe, my living quarters, my emotional stability, my pant size...it's unreal. At the same time one year seems like such a short stint...ONLY one year, 365 short days, one one-hundredth of a century, one twenty-fifth of my life.

This blog's start date and my birthday are one week apart, and I think this is a little more than a coincidence. Every year as I grow older I tend to reflect on time, maturity, growth and change...as I'm sure most people do. I always yearn for something new around my birthday, sort of a new year's resolution or life changing decision to make me a better person. I don't know what place this blog has in all of that, (self-therapy, I guess) but I've made it one year, so I might as well keep it going.

I feel so young, so naive and immature sometimes, and at the same time I feel like my life is running a little faster than I am able to catch up to it. As I reflected on last year, I always thought I'd be having babies by 25. Well, 25 is four days away and although my heart melts for every baby I lay eyes on and I cry during adorable commercials with toddlers, I'm so not ready to be responsible for another human being. I'm still a child myself in some ways, still really young, and I have quite a bit to learn. But I feel like 25 is a big turning point in life. My car insurance goes down, I don't have to pay the pesky $20/day extra under-age fee for a rental car, I'm officially out of my early twenties. I'm not sure where I'm going with this, but I sure hope this self-reflection on age doesn't get worse as I get older or else I'll be in the psych ward by 50.

Young or old, bragging or bitching, crazy or not, I'm happy. At nearly 25 I absolutely love my life, and a year ago I don't think I could have said that. In all honesty I am happy and content with the direction my life is leading, the path on which I am slowly making progress. So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

No comments: