Nov 5, 2004

I took a much needed half day yesterday, with every intention of taking a nap at home, but ended up shopping and cooking for 7 hours, sitting down only to drive the car in between stores. Nevertheless, it relaxed me, and though still quite sleepy, I feel a lot better. Things are calming down at work, I'm less nauseous and frightened when I think about the next four years (although that could be due to lots of wine and lack of sleep), and I have a new purse. Life is pretty damned good.

I had forgotten how wonderful roasting a chicken can be. It's no secret that I love to cook, but I love it even more when it's something traditionally comforting and delicious. I think that is one of the many reasons I adore the fall and winter months, because it is a time to tackle soups and stews, warm and heavy dishes, foods that always seem to fill my home with the most amazing smells. I envision many a night with bowls of chili and plates of cornbread in front of the fire this winter. And wine. Lots of wine.

This weekend is going to be a good one, with a full 5 hours of planned girl time! I haven't had real live girl time in quite a while, and I am bursting at the seams I am so excited. Girls girls girls! Shopping and lunch and a beauty event! We can pretend to not eat much in front of each other, pretend we have enough money to shop the way we will be, and be massaged and pampered and seduced into buying lots of makeup and body products! Yay! Let's hear it for the girls!

I'll also be attending a party, which I am pretty excited about despite the possibility of knowing a grand total of only two people there. I am sometimes a social retard when it comes to big get-togethers, but it will be nice to get out and drink in someone's home for a couple of hours.

No comments: