Dec 20, 2004

Oh my god I wish I was my step-mother this Christmas. I got her the BEST box of chocolates EVER. I preach and I preach about health then I go and buy everyone sugar. That's me being a hypocrite. Again. And for my diabetic coworker: sugar free Godiva. Who knew that existed? I can't wait to give it to her. I'm sure she will be thrilled.

Why do I have to be so grumpy and anti-social right now? It's Christmas, dammit. I need to get out of this funk and into some cheer. Henceforth I will attempt to cheer myself up with good news.

Good news: My friend Cinnamon is making me a purse. This purse, to be exact. She brought over some fabric swatches last night and we discussed size and linings. I am thrilled and honored that she is so excited to work on this for me and I can't wait to show it off!

Good news: I've stopped gaining winter weight and have leveled off at an acceptable poundage. I'm feeling more and more inclined to pull out the yoga mat, and am looking forward to a couple of days off after the holidays to get back into a routine of muscle toning.

Good news: I'm finished with my Christmas shopping! Woohoo!

Good news: I have discovered frozen puff pastry sheets. I made a yummy salmon/spinach thing last night, and have about a billion and ten recipes in my head for the leftover frozen sheet. Salmon and feta, chicken and tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, apple and caramel, mushroom and spinach, pear and mascarpone, pork and apple, beef and mushroom, cheese and cheese, ham and egg and cheese, the list goes on and on. Three cheers for puff pastry!

Good news: I get to go home in three more hours.

Good news: Napoleon Dynamite is released on dvd tomorrow. Gosh!

Fun news: I was hit on at the grocery store by a chef. He saw me buying ladyfingers at the bakery and he said, "Homemade tiramisu?" and I said, "Yeah," and he said, "That's hot." and I teehee-ed and smiled and have felt really cool for like two whole days.

I've been feeling overly bloggy the past few weeks. I believe my slow workdays have something to do with this.

No comments: