Jan 6, 2005

1/2 day off work, freshly painted nails, a tummy full of homemade split pea soup...I feel much better now. Although coming home at lunchtime does have it's downside: fewer busses. Granted, I get a seat and don't have someone's crotch in my face the whole way home, but I had to wait 20-30 minutes in the cold pelting snow...twice. First for my bus, and the second time when I got off the bus to get on the blue line at Chicago and discovered that they were shutting down the stop due to a gas leak. So I waited a good 20 minutes for a cab or another bus, whichever came first, and it happened to be the bus. Not many cabs out that way in the middle of the day.

But I made it home to an UNSHOVELED front porch (arrgh) and had a nice relaxing afternoon watching Good Eats, snacking on leftover sweets and giving myself a french manicure. I also experimented in the kitchen with a pumpkin tiramisu of sorts...we'll see how that turns out tonight.

This snowstorm we're having has made me realize and question the fact that I don't own a pair of snow boots. I don't exactly know how I live in Chicago and don't own the proper attire. Cute shoes don't cut it when there's a foot of snow on the ground and countless slush-puddles to wade through on the way to the train. I found these this morning and fell in love: (yes, they are by Caterpillar, which makes them ever the more cool)

But alas, due to a recent overpurchasing of underwear I can't justify buying them, so instead I've ordered a pair of $20 rainboots. They're functional, just not nearly as fashionable. Or awesome. (I wear a 6-1/2 in case anyone wants to send me a late Christmas present.)

Hubb is working late, so I think I'll pamper myself some more with a bath and a nap. And more split pea soup.


No comments: