Feb 14, 2005

Happy Heart Day, my dearest 3 readers. I love you.

I wish this holiday wasn't based on chocolate. It is pure milky brown evil. Or dark brown, or white, whichever you prefer. But what's more romantic than packing on a few pounds? Really.

Despite the rain and dreariness on Sunday, I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend. Lots of shopping, snacking, walking, cooking, movies and making out. Wonderfully relaxing.

The sofa comes tomorrow! Yippee! The futon takes a hike on Wednesday! Double yippee!

I've been craving cheese quite a bit lately. I don't know what my problem is, maybe a calcium deficiency? I don't know, but I can't get my mind off the cheddar, mozzarella and parmesan at home, and the terrible string cheese for sale in the cafe just down the hall from my office. Oh my god I must have it.

I took a stab at some homemade potstickers a couple of days ago, and I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly delicious they were. I can't say I don't know how to make Asian food anymore! This is incredibly exciting! I've accomplished baking and Asian cuisine, all in a few short months! Yay for me!

This is really silly, but the other day I was thinking about how much I love to cook, and how I keep buying new gadgets and cookware and books to teach me how to make all sort of foods. I'm mastering recipes and learning new techniques, and having a blast doing it. I adore food, and I adore knowing how to do an infinite number of things to and with it. (This isn't an amorous Valentine's Day reference, so keep your pants on.) But then it hits me: I pride myself in the number of recipes I can successfully make, and as that number grows I run out of time to make them all. Out of 365 days, I probably cook for 250 of them, eating out, being on vacation, or eating leftovers the rest of the time. So that's 250 recipes, assuming I make a different one every night. When you factor in repeating recipes, that probably really only means a good 50 - 75 recipes that I can make, each year! That's nothing! That sucks! I need more time, or else I need to be able to cook dinner 3 times a day all year round.

I'm rambling so I'm going now. Happy Valentine's Day, gang.

No comments: