Feb 11, 2005

Having a lovely lovely Friday. Feeling better, emotionally, mentally and physically; better than I have in a long time. I think it's a combination of hormones, the moon, and a mood change both at home and at the office, but I'm feeling fabulously ridiculously wonderful and adjective-y.

Shopping: I've recently found a number of terrific deals at the Filene's clearance sale: a pair of great jeans for $10, a couple of fabulous dress shirts, and my all-important best-ever foaming hair gel. I love Filene's. I also found a terrific pair of boots for an unbelievably good price (I won't tell you how good because I don't want you to be jealous) :


Best part: free shipping and they'll be here Monday! Just in time for a Valentine's Day dinner out with the Hubb.

I realize that I've been talking about purchasing things a lot lately, and for that I apologize. It will settle soon as I begin crafting and exercising and reading more and concentrate on consuming less. I'm really not as materialistic as I sound sometimes. I swear.

Next weekend I am attending a production of the Vagina Monologues with a gaggle of women. I'm excited to be a part of this year's activities, and having never been to a VM production, I'm not exactly sure what to expect. As preparations begin for the play, celebrations have begun in and around my office, with the sale and gifting of V-pops, chocolate vagina shaped lollypops. I was given one of these pops as a thank you for work I've been doing for someone, and I honestly tried to eat it, but there's something a little unsettling to me about genitalia shaped candy. I just couldn't do it. Maybe I'm prude, maybe I'm uncelebratory of the female form, but it freaked me out a little bit. I wonder if I would have reacted the same way to penis shaped chocolate...

No comments: