Feb 25, 2005

I've been having more and more trouble waking up in the morning, and where this stems from I'm not exactly sure. I think maybe my cycles are off, depending more on the actual time of day than on how many hours of sleep I get. I can go to bed at 10 pm or midnight, and I still can't wake up when my alarm strikes at 6 am. If only I could saunter into work at 9:30 or 10 every morning, I would be perfectly refreshed and awake. Rare is it that I sleep past 9, and getting up at 8 would be a breeze. I want to propose a change in daily hourly business...instead of the corporate 9 to 5, lets push for 11 to 7! How wonderful that world would be! A little sleeping in, time to actually work out in the daylight each morning, and still off work in time for dinner. Life would be so much better that way.

The undie sale last night was a huge disappointment. 15% off $50 panties? That is not a "Huge Sale!" I almost bought a cute recycled linen tee by Woo, one of my absolute all time favorite brands, but wasn't totally in love so I passed. The sale was unfortunately smaller and incredibly less impressive than in previous years, with fewer practical items and fewer customers. Ah well. It's not like I actually needed more underwear anyway. I will sit and wait until next year.

Passing on panty purchases, I headed over to the Container Store to pick up my Nigella mixing bowls. I almost got the adorable bread bin, but didn't. Instead I also picked up one of the last sets of the little dessert bowls, perfect for my morning oatmeal or ice cream or pudding. Adorable. I took them home and washed them and caressed them, and am still irritated that I was running too late this morning to eat breakfast out of them. I'm still in love with the practicality and retro-chicness of the bread bin, with the cutting board as the lid, and maybe I'll convince the Hubb to let me get it, but at $70 it would probably behoove me to hold off. Maybe some day...

No comments: