Aug 19, 2005

I went shopping last night; 8 stores, 5 purchases, 4 espresso mugs, 1 coffee mug, 1 pair of jeans, a pair of earrings and a jacket, and one purchase for the kitchen at work. Success. Pending Hubb's opinion I may return the jacket, a funky white blazer with big brown buttons, but I really like it, so I'll probably end up keeping it. I can't wait for Fall.

I bought a new pair of jeans to help manage my increasing sensitivity to the size of my ass...I'm taking a medication that has helped me to gain 5 pounds in the past few weeks. For petite little me, that's a pound a foot! Not fun. Now, I'm not incredibly abnormal, but I have never been able to find a high end pair of jeans that fit me correctly. I guess that's because they're all made for tall skinny women, and I don't fit into that category so much. I went out last night fully intent on spending upwards of $100 on some quality denim, and ended up buying a perfect pair of jeans for $19.99. In the past year, all of the best pants I've owned have been under $50. I'd love to wear Chip & Pepper, Citizens of Humanity, Seven, Joes and Paper Denim Cloth, but they honestly don't fit my body type. I guess I'll just have to spend the other $100 on other things. Like beads. And shoes.

The weekend is looking promising, with a housewarming with friends, a tour of Kendall College (yay!) and some rest and relaxation. I may finally get a nice romantic date with the Hubb tonight, a rooftop grilling and some movie-time cuddling. Or some sushi. It's been too long, sashimi.

I wish I had a bottle of sake at work.

No comments: