Jan 8, 2009

i'm a week late, but better late than never. i'm taking a different approach to my resolutions this year, they are more high level than usual, leaning more towards me being happy than participating in activities or having some new experience. since last year's resolutions i've started doing yoga, am planning for a half-marathon, have sold paintings, started culinary school and been to south america. looking back at last year's resolutions, i feel pretty good. except for the photos thing. my camera is still getting dusty.

i'm turning 30 this year, which means so many different things to me, none of which i'll go into right now, except that i am looking forward to it. it's making me think about what i'm doing, where i'm going, and how i deal with it. so, here it is.

1. be sure of myself. i question my actions, words and emotions way too often, and it shows. i need to be more confident.

2. follow through more. i tend to overcommit myself, make grand plans that i never fully complete. i need to be more reliable, if only to myself.

3. be more flexible. i get stuck on the rules, the agenda, the "way" and i can't keep getting all out of sorts when things don't go the way i expect them to. i need to let things happen. they'll happen anyway sooner or later, good or bad, and i need to accept it.

4. enjoy life more. this one encompases the other three, really. don't get me wrong, i have a great life and i'm grateful for it. i have a good job, a wonderful husband, loving and supportive friends and family, and the opportunity to pursue my dreams. i let all kinds of other things get in the way of enjoying it, though. i need to learn to relax and have more fun.

i'm already feeling good about where this is taking me.

No comments: