Oct 7, 2004

Of note:

- My little brother has a blog and for some reason it freaks me out. I can't let go to the fact that he's not a saintly naive innocent little 8 year old anymore. He's 19. He's away at college. He kisses girls. I need to get over this.

- I took yesterday off work to go to doctor's appointments, run errands and rest. I think I worked harder yesterday doing laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning, going to the dentist, doctor, vet, and shopping than I ever do at my painfully busy job.

- *Thank you Discover Cashback Bonus!* I had a $100 shopping spree compliments of my Discover card at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday. I am still in shock at how quickly I can spend a hundred bucks. My new favorite toys: oven thermometer (I found that my oven is about 10 degrees off), meat probe thermometer and timer (I can't wait to roast my next chicken!), a silicone muffin pan (I can bake, Ma!), and a microplane zester (fresh nutmeg. Yumm.)

- Speaking of my new amazing silicone muffin pan, I have occasional mentioned that I am baking challenged, but have recently discovered (as of yesterday) that it is the hardware as much as the ingredients that make delicious baked goods. I now have a large silicone bakeware (red, please) wishlist, in case anyone is planning on buying me something for my birthday later this month...

- Speaking of my birthday, it has been confirmed that I will be working my entire birthday/Halloween weekend because the people I work with can't get their acts together. This will leave me with less than a week to do a month's worth of work, with a deadline of November 01. Perfect timing.

- In the past few weeks I've become an ebay junkie. I need something less costly to distract me from working. On the upside, I've recently acquired new flare, both for myself and my house. Yay for vintage brooches and chatchkas.

No comments: