Mar 11, 2005

Lunchtime fortune extracted from cookie at Chinese restaurant yesterday: "A Thrilling Time is in your immediate future." That is way cool.

So the new bed arrived last night, and Hubb and I promptly put it together and were pyjama-ed and in it by 9:30 pm. New bed! New high thread count sheets! It was divine. It quite possibly was the Thrilling Time I was promised. I haven't slept that well in a very very long time. Maybe it's the fact that I've been pushing my brain to depend on a new bed for a good night's sleep, and maybe I just really slept like crap but am giving myself the illusion of a restful slumber, but either way I feel nice and non-back-achey today. The first thing I said as I sat up on my new mattress this morning was "I can't wait to go to bed tonight." I would have stayed in bed all day long if it weren't for this pesky work thing.

Hubb and I have a semi-busy weekend planned, and honestly I'd rather just stay in bed and watch my backlog of CSI episodes and eat home-popped pop corn. But then I'd get crumbs in the new bed, and we can't have that. Not yet anyway.

It has been a rough journey, but I'm finally getting used to actually being busy at work again. It feels wonderful to actually have things to do, and I love the little scratches through my lengthy legal pad To Do list. Next week will be hell, as literally 170 people's lives are depending on me, but I feel semi-confident that it will all turn out ok. At least I'll have a couple of good night sleeps behind me as I conquer the stress and frantic crap that is waiting to bite my ankles on Monday morning. I must remember to wear nice shoes.

I realize that I haven't posted any photos here in a while, and I'll try to do something about that in the very near future. I'm a visual person, and am boring myself with this plain text and pink. I promise some visual stimulation soon.

No comments: