Mar 18, 2005

This week has been too long. Way too long. I have a social obligation this evening that I am not so enthused about, and two more tomorrow. While it's fun and fulfilling to have people who like me and want to spend time with me, I secretly wish I could be alone for a weekend. Completely alone.

It's been a work week both from hell and from heaven; hell in terms of highly elevated stress levels and the amount of work I have done, and heaven in the pride and the joy of 200 people clapping for me, hugging me and thanking me for all of my hard work. I cried. It was nice. That was yesterday, and I am on autopilot today, zoning out and eating constantly to get enough energy to meet with my boss in this afternoon. An hour-long meeting, just the two of us. I had quite a bit on my agenda, but I'm scratching some items off because I simply don't have the stomach to deal with it right now.

It's also been a personal week both from hell and from heaven...learning of things like divorce (not mine), pregnancy (not mine), near-fatal accidents (also not mine), and that I must soon endure long absences from the Hubb has left me in a fragile state, and for once shopping isn't the therapy I crave. I need comfort and I need it now. Good news for the week includes rock hard plans for friends to visit, a bridesmaid dress not being as much as a hassle as previously thought, and discovering Peapod, my new money-draining vice. Beer and cat food delivered to my house? That's some comfort I can handle.

No comments: